Friday, September 4, 2015

Reflection

Paraphrasing it a important strategy in informing your read with info from the source, without quoting the entire source. Putting quotations in ones writing can be used as evidence to help strengthen your argument, and prove that you read the information.

This is what Mrs.Lawson wanted me to learn today:
  • Only use a quote when it adds power and style to my writing.
  • Always make it clear, from context, that i understand the full meaning of the quote.
  • Whether i quote or paraphrase, always be transparent about the source and how I'm using it.
  • If i use another author's presentation of the facts or ideas, but put their ideas in my own words, i better have a good reason for doing that, and I MUST give credit.
  • Hyperlinking is so easy, there is no excuse for not being transparent about my sources.
I understand these

No comments:

Post a Comment